Saturday, May 2, 2009

Home stretch


Well, as my time here winds up, I am enjoying the last bits of Florida I can squeeze in. I was lucky enough to get a long weekend away from work and I am spending time in Tampa with some friends. We went to Busch Gardens today, which was fun, but it is so different from Disney! I didn't realize how spoiled you get at Disney where everything is so clean, orderly, and friendly! Busch Gardens certainly has some bigger thrills though, so I think it is a good destination for families with older children.
I have graduation from the college program in just a few days on May 5th, and I think it will be a bittersweet occasion. I am so excited to be back in Arizona, but I will miss all the friends I have made here so much. It's also scary, in a week and a half, I will be out of ASU and thrown out into the world, and I really don't know what will happen next! It is exhilarating and terrifying at the same time.
Now that I am completing my college program, I can honestly say I would definitely recommend it. It has its ups and downs, and the work can be long and grueling, but nothing is like Disney, it is in a class of its own. Many of the people who work there have been there since before the park even opened, and to me, loyalty to an employer says a great deal about the company. As I continue a job search for the phase of my life, I will take much of what I seen, heard, and learned from the Walt Disney Company and keep it close to me.

3 comments:

Gaby Gracida said...

Congratulation for your professional accomplishment, you know what! I feel the same way as you do, I not sure I am ready to go out the world from ASU. However, we must to continue with our life, and find out what we want. Of course, you will leave the site of your internship with experience that you learned from there. Well, see you at the graduation day and again congratulation.

Courtney L. said...

Can't wait to see you at the graduation! Hey wave yard is opening in 2010 if you want to stay in the amusement park world. Best of luck!

Leah Kranz said...

Congratulations! I feel the same way you do! I am nervous, scared, anxious, and excited all at the same time! And I still do not know exactly what I want to do but I have some good ideas! Good luck with everything!